Dance Better with Less Stress

I like this video, from Kristen at The ConfidentDancer, about de-stressing in your dance life.  Her ideas  translate to life in general, though, so I found it very helpful in that regard as well.

Since our class is for adult dancers, who are well beyond the age when “going professional” is a realistic expectation, I want our focus to be on enjoyment, health, and wellness.  I also want it to provide you with 90 minutes per week of time when you can focus on yourself, and on the beauty of the ballet art form.  I hope this enables you to let go of life’s stresses, if even for just that short time.

Check out Kristen's video, for some great tips on: lowering your intake of "noise" in life; evaluating your "have-to's" and your "or else's"; getting outside; staying present, journaling and rethinking your values and priorities.  I hope you find some of her insights as useful as I did.