Hello, from Alyce!



It is my pleasure to share with you the below Fall 2022 greeting from our former teacher and my predecessor, Alyce Taylor-Maurer.  This picture of Alyce as a young dancer is snipped from a video I was surprised to find online, documenting the Cincinnati Ballet's 1974 production of The Nutcracker.   You can watch the whole video below, which features Alyce dancing!

We cherish and appreciate you, Alyce!

~~~~

Hello from Alyce, to all the dancers enrolled in Ballet-Based-Fitness!!

I hope everyone is looking forward to start the Fall session of Theresa’s class. I miss everyone and hope everyone is happy, healthy, and ready to enjoy the new material Theresa has prepared.  Her research, preparation, and generosity as an instructor, along with her natural musicality and talent for executing ballet movements, is a very special combination. I know you will enjoy it. Theresa’s online class guide is also very impressive.  Perfect outside reading as an adjunct to her class. 

I am adjusting quite well to my new location back in my birthplace of Cincinnati. Becoming a grandparent to my little grandson, now age 1, has been so special. California is still a part of me though and I wish some Midwest rain could be exported for you all.

Tuesday evenings always bring thoughts of ballet class. I am with you all in spirit every Tuesday, and so proud and happy that the tradition is carried on so beautifully by Theresa.  Enjoy!

~~~~

And now for the video!

Look for Alyce at the following video times:

3:10 -- In rehearsal
3:50 -- In rehearsal
4:10 -- In rehearsal
13:19 -- Party dancer, dress rehearsal
17:31 -- Dewdrop, Nutcracker finale
21:38 --  Dewdrop, Nutcracker finale