Dancewear Ideas

Who doesn't like a new outfit now and then? Jana, from Ballerinas By Night has several nice videos on dancewear ideas. Since adult ballet classes generally don't have dress codes, you should feel free to have fun and express your individuality. When it comes to picking good dance wear, my preferences are:

  1. Pieces that fit comfortably and stay in place when I'm moving and stretching.
  2. Pieces that keep me warm when it's cold, or let me breathe when it's hot.
  3. Pieces that make me feel like a beautiful dancer.

There are lots of places to source clothing for dance class -- and you don't have to go for formal "dance wear." Yoga, running and other exercise clothing can serve very nicely as dance wear. And remember that you don't have to spend lots of money; stores like Old Navy, Kohl's and Target have really nice selections of exercise wear at very reasonable prices.