Adults Rediscovering Ballet

I love this Elle Magazine article about how popular ballet is becoming with adults -- both dancers and never-dancers!

Some highlights from the article:

  • Adults generally find great beauty in what they’re doing... they’re dancing purely for themselves, and challenging the notion that ballet is an all-or-nothing pursuit.

  • I was struck by the pure joy with which the adult beginners I interviewed spoke about ballet. It takes you away from all your problems and puts you in an incredibly mindful state with your body... It gives you a whole new world.

  • There’s something about ballet that is just very calming to my nervous system... When I take a class in the morning, I keep that for the rest of the day.  Ballet offered a completely new movement repertoire.  It was so fun to see what my body could do.