Nutcracker Memories

I'm feeling nostalgic this week...  The Waltz of the Flowers choreography in this Nutcracker performance (starts at 32:31 in the video), done by Dance Training Center / San Francisco, is that of Lew Christensen, who was the Director of the San Francisco Ballet, from 1952 until his passing in 1984.

This was the Waltz of the Flowers choreography that I grew up watching every year, from the age of 5 until my early 20s, when SF Ballet changed their production to Helgi Tommasson's choreography.

I love this Waltz of the Flowers version, and in my heart, it will always be the best Waltz of the Flowers ever danced.❤

I'm really impressed by the talented young women in this production; and I'm ever so grateful to be able to, again, watch the Waltz of the Flowers of my childhood memories.